Damrivi Foundation conducts guided meditation programs on a weekly basis and organizes retreats periodically. These sessions are patronized by Buddhists and also non-Buddhists who wish to pursue on the spiritual path. The meditation programs are offered free of charge and supported by benevolent donors.
Mr. Gamini Priyantha, an experienced and lay meditation teacher, conducts meditation sessions on Sunday from 9 to 11.30 a.m. at Damrivi Foundation.
Besides, Damrivi organizes a retreat annually at Meetirigala Nissaranavanaya. The retreat is conducted under the guidance of the Most Ven. Udaeeriyagama Dhammajeeva Nayaka Thera, and provides an opportunity for the Damrivi community to participate and progress on the path of Dhamma.
Damrivi Foundation organizes special Dhamma discourses and discussions periodically not only for the benefit of those pursuing the spiritual path but also for those who wish to understand the Dhamma better and deeper.
We invite monastic Dhamma teachers for these Dhamma discourses and Dhamma discussions at the Damrivi Foundation.
So far the following Dhamma teachers have delivered sermons over the past years,
- Late Most Ven. Na-uyane Ariyadhamma Maha Thera (the first patron of Damrivi Foundation)
- Most Ven. Thrikunamale Ananda Mahanayaka Maha Thera (current patron of Damrivi Foundation and Maha Nayaka of the Sri Amarapura Dharmarashita Nikaya)
- Most Ven. Udueeriyagama Dhammajive Maha Thera of Meetirigala Nissaranavanaya (Chief Abbott and Chief Preceptor of Mitirigala Nissaranavanaya)
- Ven. Koswatte Ariyawimala Maha Thera
- Ven. Pitigala Gunaratana Maha Thera
- Ven. Ranasgalle Gnanavira Maha Thera
- Ven. Talalle Chandakitti Maha Thera
- Ven. Diyatalawe Piyadassi Maha Thera
- Ven. Pelanwatte Dhammatilaka Maha Thera
- Ven. Rajagiriya Ariyagnana Thera
- and Ven. Meegoda Sukhita Thera.
Amongst those Dhamma teachers from overseas who visited Damrivi during their visits to Sri Lanka and delivered a sermon was
- Most Ven. Pa Auk Sayadaw (Abbot and principal teacher of Pa-Auk Forest Monastery, Mawlamyine, Myanmar)
- Bhante Yuttadhammo Thero (from Canada)
- Bhante Yogavacara Rahula (from USA)
- Bhante Vimalaramsi (from USA)
- Ven. Hokandara Pannawansa Thera (from UK)
- Ayya Tathaloka Meheninwahansay (from USA)
- Mr. Keith Munnings (Buddhist Healthcare Chaplancy, UK)
Currently Ven. Alawwa Dhammadassi Thera conducts a Sutta Discussion at the Foundation on the last Sunday of each month from 8.30 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
A Diploma course in Pali Studies has been designed for those who wish to read the word of Buddha in its original language. First offered in 2013, this program in three stages is conducted by expert Pali teachers. Participants find this course rewarding not only in improving their knowledge of Pali but also in developing their knowledge and understanding of the Dhamma.
Visit of Dhamma Dignitaries
Damrivi remembers with profound gratefulness the visits of the following local and foreign Dhamma dignitaries at key events held at the Center.
Visit of Most Ven. Abhidhajamaharatthaguru Sitagu Sayadaw Dr. Ashin Nyanissara Mahathero, Vice Sangharaja of Shwe Kyin Nikaya and Chancellor of Sitagu International Buddhist Academies in May 2017 and for the foundation laying ceremony for the new building held in August 2019.
Visit of Most Ven. Ven. Bellanwila Dhammarathana Thera, Chief Incumbent of the Bellanwila Raja Maha Viharaya for the foundation laying ceremony for the new building held in August 2019.
Visit of Late Most Venerable Agga Maha Pandita Dodampahala Chandasiri Nayaka Thera, Mahanayake of Sri Lanka Amarapura Maha Nikaya for the opening of the new building in May 2022.
Visit of Late Most Ven. Agga Maha Panditha Kotugoda Dhammawasa Nayaka Thera, Mahanayake of the Sri Lanka Amarapura Maha Nikaya for the 10th Anniversary of the Damrivi Foundation
Ven. Udu-eeriyagama Dhammajiva Thera
Abbot and the Chief Meditation master of
Meetirigala Nissaranavanaya Forest Monastery, Sri Lanka.
Ven. Alawwe Anomadassi Thera
Siri Vajiraramaya, Bambalapitiya